Here are some tips to help you avoid scams and fraud on ePinoy.com
- If possible, only deal with people locally.The best way to avoid scammers is to deal locally, with people you can meet in person. Scammers will often contact you from other place asking you to ship the item you’re selling.
- Don’t send or wire funds/money.If you’re asked to wire funds, you’re talking to a scammer. Never send or wire money to sellers or buyers.
- Beware of fake cashier’s checks and money orders.Scammers will often send you a fake cashier’s check valued above your asking price. The scammer will then ask you to wire the over-payment back to them.
- Don’t share your private info.Don’t give out bank account numbers, passwords, credit card numbers or any other personal information.
- Avoid shipping and using escrow service.Scammers commonly employ fake, online escrow services.
- Avoid deals that are too good to be true.Scammers try often to post fake ads, selling items that are significantly underpriced. If you see any of these fake ads, please report them by clicking “Report AD” in the ad.
Please understand that ePinoy.com is a free service to help buyers and sellers find one another.
Make yourself aware of common scams and fraud. Inform ePinoy.com of any attempted fraud or suspicious emails.
Most important thing, please use your common sense!